Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Walking under the shade of a tree on my route, this truck caught my attention with the vivid blue color, and then the "blue-flame" details.  Please double click the photo and check out the driver mirror!   Scary!

Yes, my blogger friends!  Finally back on the road again!  Even though I'm not completely healed, I thought that I could start with once a week, and make the routes shorter to work my way back up to 3 times per week.  At 2.45 miles today and rain threatening to soak me, I think I'm off to a good start!  Continuing to head Ewa(west) and sticking to level ground, the area I'm covering is still Waimalu.  Since this will be the only blog for the week, my Grand Total is now 428.81 miles.

 Kamehameha Highway is still an important roadway for cars, buses and pedestrians.  I still use this valuable highway as an alternative to the H-1 Freeway.

Maybe they just couldn't make up their mind, and decided to use everyone of them.  Interesting and creative walkway to your home, don't you think?

The beautifully painted van sitting in the driveway reminded me of the paintings that tell the story of the "Legend of Kapo'i" in Waikiki. (Check an earlier blog in Waikiki. The "hana hou" (again) blog.)  Possibly one of the artists live here, or painted the van too!

I found this verdant oasis in a little section of curb and was impressed how creativity can  transform a bland scene into one that could make you smile.  Have a wonderful New Year everyone and hoping you find an oasis today too!  Aloha! (Bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment