Friday, March 1, 2013

For those of you who didn't know that there is an obelisk in Hawaii, here it is!  Located off of Nimitz Highway and Dan K.Inouye Dr.(Senator who recently passed away), it stands in remembrance of comrades who gave up their lives for our country.


Yes, I know that I'm jumping around getting you disoriented, but I'm still in the mode of filling puka's (holes).  So back to Kalihi I go!  I was able to trek 4.98 miles of treacherous walking close to speeding traffic.  My bright yellow shirt came in handy today.  Unfortunately, either the truck drivers were liking my shirt, or they wanted to scare me and see me jump as many blared their horn at me!

Never seeing a fruit or seed like this before, I'm hoping that one of my fellow readers can enlighten me.  Does anyone know what this is?

Any spare tires lying about and you don't know what to do with it?  Paint it and fill with dirt and voila, a plant holder!  Mine is still around my waist!  HaHa!

One of the two major bus depots, the Kalihi Transit Bus Center is a large transfer station as well as the place where OTS bus drivers start work!

I know that it's been far and few showing the beautiful flowers of Hawaii, so here are the "3 amigos!"  Nah, nah!  But their vibrant color made me smile!  I think that spring is in the air!  Malama pono!(Take care!)

No comments:

Post a Comment