Thursday, March 21, 2013

Only as "the walking Hawaiian" can I find treasures least expected.  A tiny side street called, "Owen," contained this beautiful mural of the mountains and the ocean.  I think that the cascades are lava, but, you judge for yourself.  I especially love the undersea coral and fishes.  Please double click the picture to see the details!

As you can see, I'm still in Kalihi trying to complete areas.  This makes for a lot of backtracking, but that's just how it is sometimes.  I found out that several streets were missing, but still was able to walk 3.28 miles for the day.

I didn't think that I was hungry until I passed by this place!  There's nothing better than smelling fresh, baked bread.  I inquired if they still conduct tours of the facility, but alas, not for many years.  As a keiki (child) I remember touring with my schoolmates and getting to eat a sample at the end.  Well, they do have a store if you would like to buy Hawaii's own bread, fresh from the line!

Off of King street, I noticed this short road perpendicular to King called, Kamehameha IV.  I saw in the distance telephone poles perfectly in line with this street, that was obviously transected by  the H-1 freeway.  Streets and communities are frequently cut in pieces in Hawaii to make way for progress!


Here is the Kalihi-Palama Bus Facility, where "town" routes originate.  I loved the flower bedecked walls with the windows peeking out from it.  The bottom picture is a close-up view of the blooming flora.  Can't say that I know what it is, do you know?

I guess that the bizarre is quite attractive to me!  This addition to a gated fence fascinated me.  The colors and the puka's (holes) made interesting designs as well as shadows.  Please double click to see what the colors actually are.  Keep looking for things to fascinate you today!  A Hui Hou! (Until we meet again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment