Saturday, March 23, 2013

Peeking at me as I passed by the zoo, this is the ONLY animal that I could see without actually being in the zoo!

By my statement above, you may have surmised that I am not walking in Kalihi!  Yes, my daughter wanted to go surfing today, so Kapahulu is the area that I trod 3.84 miles.  By the way, did you know that Kapahulu Avenue used to be a stream?  * Public service announcement!  Half of all the zoo parking is now under construction, so plan to park elsewhere, my friends, at least in the near future!

A most interesting little tree decorated with Mardi Gras beads, wind chimes, birds, faux-flowers, faux-leaves and pin-wheels.  I was thinking how Hawaii has such a mixture of cultures and nationalities, just like the tree's mixture!  Please double click the picture to see the details!

At first, I thought that this was a church!  Why, you say?  Because of the square tower jutting out of the middle of the roof!  I expected to see a bell there!  HaHa!  This home, built by Charles Martin in 1898 is an example of Midwest Rural Fok architecture and is the only house of its kind in Hawaii.

Well, I have to say that it is appropriate to have a hose connected to this!  Now, just where did this resident get a hold of a fire hydrant?  I bet it's heavy!

Sometimes," the walking Hawaiian" has got to slow down and smell the "pikake!"  You could call it the Hawaiian rose!  The reason I was so "nosy," was this pikake is pink!  I've never seen a pink one before!  I may be ignorant, but I have only seen white pikake before this!  Anyway, slow down folks, and enjoy the little things that come your way today and everyday!  E Malama Pono! (Take good care!)

2 comments:

  1. Go follow your own blog Steve. What kinda crap comment is that?

    ReplyDelete