Thursday, July 11, 2013

A confused "walking Hawaiian," will take a crazy guess that this is jury-rigged parking spaces.  Seeing an iron post pounded deep into the ground next to the lava wall, with two cords interlacing the brick near the road, that's all I could surmise!  What are your thoughts?

Zig -Zagging the Pearl City residential area to make sure I didn't miss any streets, I was rewarded with a choir of barking dogs and inquisitive residents being outdoors.  I guess I looked suspicious!  Only plodding 3.90 miles, it took me nearly two hours due to the up and down path necessary to complete it.

Discussing our various ethnic backgrounds and checking out the awesome tattoos, Harvey consented to pose for a picture in my blog showcasing his tattoos.  People of Hawaii are colorful people in more ways than one!

Talking about color, have you ever seen homing pigeons brightly colored and flying in a group.  Luckily, I didn't get into an accident as I was driving in Pearl City totally distracted by the many colored pigeons flying past.  The business called, "Rainbow Pigeons" house them and now I know where they came from!  "The Walking Hawaiian" has it's perks!

Must be a cat lover in this residence!  A cool CAT mailbox seen on today's route.  I think that the door handle is very big so that the mailman won't grab the cat's ears, yeah?

On a previous blog, I showed you the "Kalihi Bus Facility" which serves mostly the town routes.  This is the "Pearl City Bus Facility" which serves mostly the country routes.  I know that you are thinking, come on, it's an Island!  But yes, us locals know what the difference is!

I just love this variety of plumeria even though I have no idea what it is called!  I have named this plumeria "Stars and Stripes Forever," just as a reference.  Does anyone know what this is actually called?  Well, you can call me anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner!  HaHa! E malama pono! (Take good care!)

2 comments:

  1. I don't think the property owners what anyone to park on their lovely grass, hence the blocks and strings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Plumeria you found is called Candy Stripe. Which I think is pretty darn good for your guess. Wow!

    http://store.exoticplumeria.com/p/1/plumeria

    Yup, I even enjoy rereading your entries. Your pictures really make me miss Hawaii, and I'm glad that you have all these beautiful moments preserved!I love you!

    ReplyDelete