Friday, July 5, 2013

Diamond Head

This has got to be my favorite gate to date.  Using stained glass intermittently to accentuate the flow of the wrought iron design took my breath away.  Glass is extremely expensive and these are very large pieces of glass.  Have you noticed that there is another gate behind this one designed by the same artist?  Don't forget to double click the picture to see the intricate design up close!


Where am I?  Trekking the slopes of Diamond Head!  Good surf, jellyfish gone and sunshine means a surfing day for my daughter!  Taking only 3.99 miles to complete encircling the Diamond Head Crater, it was an accomplishment!  Surfing and walking seems the right mix when I walk in the same area anyway!

Meeting up with "Lisa," who cares for an 89 year old woman in the area, I asked her if she wanted to "race!"  She replied with an adamant "No, thanks!"  I loved her vibrant pink hat and she accentuated it with a pretty pink plumeria as she posed for a picture.

I had a good laugh reading this sign with the comment filled in, "Plz don't pick mangos!"  With the branches extended out past the fence, laden with delicious mango, I guess that could be hard to resist!

What is the "green stuff" in this fence, you say?  Well, that was my question too!  Studying it closely, I realized that it's faux Christmas Tree branches!  I can only assume that these people are really into recycling, and it made a great shield for privacy and wind!

Why haven't I posted interesting mailbox pictures for a while?  Because there weren't any interesting mailboxes until today!  The exterior was covered in individual ceramic tiles and must have took forever to complete! I also loved the 3-D effect with the butterflies and the flowers.

Never have I seen a picture of the completed home advertised outside the area of construction.  Usually, its the designer, contractor and home owners who only have the information.  I surmise that the designer is hawking up more business with this advertisement!  What do you think?  By the way, this is the left side of the house with the large window.  Hoping you take care of business today!  Aloha! (Bye!)

2 comments:

  1. I love that gate! It is great work from the artist that designed and created it. I would be afraid of the gate getting damaged though. Take care!
    -CAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my feeling too! As I studied the design further, I think that there is Koi fish in the pattern, and the glass is the colored part of the Koi!

      Delete