Friday, August 23, 2013

Today came up with some cool mailboxes.  A "treehouse," with trunk, branches and leaves provided the framework for this mailbox.  I believe that you slide the door open to put the mail in and the yellow-orange ball on the side is the flag.

Hand-painted red and white ginger graced this mailbox on all sides.  Truly, an artist must reside here!

Continuing my trek in the Newtown sub-division, further up Ka'ahele I huffed and puffed! 
Due to the profusion of dead-ends, the total mileage tallied 5.33 because of backtracking.  I must say that most homes had spectacular views and were very large in size.


Yup, all the homes that you see in this picture is where I went today! My view of Ka'ahele and my determination to continue!

This handsome young man, Brian, has been a resident here for 12 years.  When asked where he comes from, he replies, "Aiea!"  A transplanted kama'aina,(native born) we talked about cars, surf and living in Hawaii, of course!


Serene and natural, these well-kept gardens in their yard conveyed beauty and order.

Painting lane dividers in your driveway was a definite first for me to see.  Well, it is a LONG driveway and you could use it as a guide to back out of!  What do you think?

What does nylon stockings, water bottles and plants have in common?  I don't know, but, here it is!  Double click the picture to see it up close!

My personal opinion is that the bromeliad is decorative enough with the interesting leaf patterns.  Imagine my surprise when I came upon a blooming bromeliad!  The pink petals are actually bracts, or modified leaves, so I guess it's just more of the same, yes?  Even though life can be "more of the same," you could embellish it a little!  Do some embellishing today!  Aloha nui loa!(All my love!)

1 comment:

  1. Those were really cool mailboxes..really creative! I love the beautiful blooming bromeliad! I don't think I have ever seen one before. Thanks for the tour! Take Care!
    -CAS

    ReplyDelete