Monday, August 26, 2013

Thoroughly motivated to walk the remainder of Ka'ahele, I didn't take into consideration how challenging it would be!  This unwelcome sight stunned me, so I decided to look elsewhere so I wouldn't get discouraged!

OKAY!  Now we're talking!  This open field is called, Ka'ahele park and the Waianae range was fully visible.


It was not one of my longer jaunts, but, it was one of the more difficult ones!  Hoofing 3.91 miles to complete this sinewy street, reaching the top had me in a celebratory mood!  Closing the month of August with 14.84 miles and totaling 537.95 miles since starting "the walking Hawaiian," I know that every step brings me closer to my goal!


Past the end of Ka'ahele is a locked gate, where a trail would continue to a view of the Windward side of the Island.  Of course, people always find a way around it!  To the right of the gate was this skinny dirt path that wraps around and ends up back on the trail beyond the gate!

The area above the gate owned by Towne Development of Hawaii , is slated to become a "Zip line" that would travel down through the valley ending at the bottom.  The residents I spoke to are ALL against it!  So, keep your eyes and ears open to see who will win out! As you can see, that would be a spectacular sight for the zip-liners.

Pay attention when you walk this sidewalk!  The branches extend over and hang so low that you could smack your head on it!  Did you notice that the owners braced the trunks?  Is it to raise the branches or to save the tree from falling down?

Not the first time I've seen a putting green on the front lawn, I guess that this is not as unusual as I thought it should be!  Well, I hope that it has improved his/her game!

I'm not sure if it was due to lack of oxygen (walking up the hill) or inattention that I didn't notice this on the way up!  The wrought iron twisted a quarter turn and created an interesting pyramid pattern looking down it's length!  See how a slight twist can alter the dynamics of this fence, maybe a slight twist of attitude could make or break your day!  Make it a GOOD twist! E Malama Pono! (Take good care!)

2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures from this walk! I didn't know they were wanting to build a zip line. That is a gorgeous view from the top. Enjoyed the post! Take Care!
    -CAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "Zip-line" controversy started only this past June, so it is a NEW development on Oahu. Thank you again for your comments, because sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself. I know that this blog is being viewed, but, people are sooo quiet! Aloha nui loa!

      Delete