Monday, September 2, 2013

First seeing the gaping mouth of this Alligator (Crocodile?), more and more animals came into view as I approached.  I guess this resident is a wannabe zoo owner!  Well, its a lot easier (no excrement clean-up) and cheaper (no feeding them!) this way, yeah?  Hmmm...why the leg?  Food for the Alligator?  By the way, the "pueo" is an "Owl!"  Did you find it?

Travelling way out east to Niu (coconut) Valley, today's walk totaled 3.59 miles down it's lush interior surrounded by verdant, green-walled ridges.  Why here?  Because I have NEVER been here before.  Passing this valley many times driving on Kalanianaole Highway, somehow I've always wanted to check it out, but didn't.  Thanks to "the Walking Hawaiian" blog, desire has become reality!

Peaceful and panoramic, Halaki Street was a pleasure to walk and to view.

Too much "bird droppings" decorations?  I would like to call this, "The Porcupine mailbox!"  Double click to see the spikes!

Where's the Chinese Theatre?  These two driveways are ready for celebrities to sign!  I think that the residents are a little "star-struck," don't you think?

Quite unique, this '62 French Citroen drove past four times during our walk (I walked with my friend, Robbie today.)  The owner lived in France for three years attending college.  He also had another newer version in his garage.

Paying homage to Monet, the lily pads, weeping willows, surrounding hills and the reflection of clouds on the water made for a gorgeous gate. You must double click the photo to see the details!  Painted and signed by Clark M. Takashima in 2007, maybe you should check online for other works by him.  As I have made a desire become reality, think of something you always wanted to do and do it!  A Hui Ho! (Until we meet again!)



2 comments:

  1. I did find the owl in the first picture! It was turned around so you couldn't see the face. Hehe. Cute car, the '62 French Citroen! I also love the painting on the gate as well! Nice finds today! Take Care!
    -CAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool you walked Niu valley! You definitely know your way around Hawai'i nei, eh? :)
    I liked the gates that were painted, these people put a lot into their homes and their passions. And you have tons of passion for your Walking Hawaiian! I love you!

    ReplyDelete