Friday, October 18, 2013

A nautical themed light post, I resisted my overwhelming compulsion to ring the bell!  One of many unusual sights seen today.

Why did I decide to challenge myself to climb the heights of Newtown, only that I'm CRAZY!  HaHa! Clambering 4.19 miles, it took me a solid 2 hours to complete due to it's difficulty!


What goes UP, must come DOWN!  I had many "Oh, oh..." thoughts on my walk as these came into view! Please double click to see the details of Hapaki St.(up) and Kipikua St.(down)


You have to be STONED to figure out what these rock ornaments are!  I think that the top picture is a frog and a monkey.  I haven't a clue for the bottom picture, only that it's disturbing!

Hmmm...toy lawn mower in the tree.  That's something you don't see everyday!

Now this resident must REALLY love owls, OR really hates birds!  What do you think?  Double click to see the four owls perched on the fence.

A "waiter?!" holding up the mailbox? What do you think it is?

I'm still AMAZED at the diversity of the hibiscus plant.  I've never seen a combination of these colors before!  Gorgeous!  Hope you see something AMAZING today too!  Aloha! (Bye!)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You asked a lot of questions for this post. In fact, I did see something amazing today! I saw this blog. ;D
    Also, I saw the Garden of the Gods. I still love Hawaii and it's gorgeous island nature, but Colorado is cool too with the majestic mountains and sheer wildlife, all the open space.
    As for the owls, maybe it could be a combo of both?
    Awww, why did yah resist the temptation to ring the bell? It's meant to be rung!
    Last question: the green mailbox man is, to me, a very strange statue. Would you walk up to the house and ask someone what they think it's supposed to be? To hear their story?
    You're kinda like a reporter, so cool. Have a great day and thanks for sharing your walk with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have asked the resident about the mailbox, but, the house and driveway is GATED. High upon a hill, the massive home sits! Too bad I didn't get lucky and been there when someone was entering or leaving!

      Delete