Saturday, December 21, 2013

Usually, I'm the solitary Walking Hawaiian, but today, TWO Walking Hawaiians graced the road as my daughter accompanied me on the journey.  As you can see, she's a tad faster than me!  HaHa!


Of course she may have second thoughts after completing the RADAR HILL RD!  The second picture continues the length of the road and believe me, it was ALL INCLINE for practically every step!  My walking program said that we clambered 2.99 miles, but it sure seemed a lot l-o-n-g-e-r than that!  I guess the intensity skewered my opinion!  We did manage to climb 800 feet!  Ibuprofen is on the menu this evening!

Hey!  What happened to the nice, paved road?  Starting to look more like a trail then a road early on, careful footing was necessary!

Is this a SIREN?  If so, why didn't it warn me about this road!

Quite an anomaly, this bunch of bromeliads was only on one part of the WHOLE road!

Yes, even here you can't escape DIAMOND HEAD!  Well, I needed the break anyway!  HaHa!

The tree canopy provided welcome shade, as well as beauty!

Oh, oh!  The road divided into three parts!  Checking my walking program, it said that we have reached the END of Radar Hill Rd.  YA-HOO!  I guess that the road straight ahead becomes a trail and the side roads are access to the electric lines.

Resting before heading back down, the reward of a spectacular view is NEVER missed.  Thanks to my daughter, you get to see the Walking Hawaiian too!

Pausing as we are almost finished, I'm hoping that your journey is not as arduous, but full of adventure and discovery!  The precious time spent with my daughter is always reward enough.  A Hui Hou (until we meet again) my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! All your pictures brings back so much memory of home, getting "homesick". You are truly blessed to have your daughter walking with you. Keep on walking!

    ReplyDelete