Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Beauty can be left unseen when speeding by in a car, motorcycle or bike.  This picture would never have been seen if I wasn't walking.  Guess how large these birds were, and at the end of the blog, you will find the answer!

Continuing on in the Kaimuki area, I passed by places that my relatives lived for a time.  Although most of the original homes are now gone, I tried to remember where it used to be. Taking it easy this time, I walked a reasonable amount of 3.10 miles.  This route was actually traveled on May 8th.

Odd and frightening sights can be seen, and you didn't have to warn me twice to BEWARE!  Located in the front yard, I don't know the reason for this display!  Your guess would be as good as mine!

I have only seen this flower, the "winter starburst," once before.  This particular plant was a little stressed, and not in it's full splendor, but, I absolutely love it!  Click this link to see the winter starburst on another walk!


Plumerias are in full bloom, just in time for the many graduation celebrations that occur in the month of May.  These strains of plumeria are sturdy and last a lot longer than most!

I don't always show you any of the streets that I walk, so, I guess it's about time!  This is GEORGE St., and as you can see it is mostly residential with a rise to it.  I did walk from this point to the very end where it "T's!"

Normal windows here have a glass pane in the middle with a screen window on either end. I thought that the stained glass design was beautiful, even though that would block some of the light, but it could also add some privacy!

Three homes in a row were accessed by this pathway.   Maybe it was the cooling foliage, neatly manicured, but I thought that I would love to use this to get home.

An original mailbox, Diamondhead is easily seen in this neighborhood, so it made a lot of sense to have it painted on it!

 So, did you think that the birds were this tiny?  Luckily, I would have missed it too if it wasn't placed at eye level on a brick wall.  The owner did a wonderful job of mixing all the natural elements together to create this miniature scene.  Bigger, is not always better!  A Hui Hou! ( Until we meet again!)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I did not think the birds would be that tiny! You did a great job composing the photo in the first shot of the birds. I'm glad you got to do your Walking Hawaiian again. It reminds me of meditations in mindfulness, just noticing things. Being outside and seeing from your eyes. Thanks for posting this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete