Wednesday, December 28, 2016

This my friends, is a very rare sight.  Usually blocked by telephone lines or homes, the only way to get this type of photo is if you are airborne!  Walking a street that I have NEVER been on before, what a wonderful surprise to take a complete photo of Diamond Head unobstructed!


No better feeling than completing a couple of areas which each took about 5 walks to do!  The 2 areas added 4.70 miles to my total.  Actually accomplished on December 13, the up and down traverse in Kaimuki left me breathless!  Near my childhood neighborhood, its funny that you know so little while driving instead of walking!

This was the start of my walk and I was blessed with a beautiful rainbow to guide me!

Although very young at this point, the bougainvillea bush will become a wall festooned with brightly colored blossoms!  I would like to come back to this place in a few years to see it's progress!

Seeing a hand-painted mailbox always gives me ideas how to decorate mine!  I loved the black background which showcased the richly colored flowers!

Talking about flowers, the sheer number of the hibiscus blossoms shouted for attention!

Due to lack of space in Hawaii, if you live on a rise, you usually dig out an underground garage with the living space above it.  What got my attention with this one was the 2 black circles!  Thinking about it, I surmised that the front of the car will hit the circle in the front and opening the front door of the car will hit the circle on the side.  Probably a rubber piece to protect from scratches and dents!  What do you think?

Including the Dolphins in their fence was a nice touch.  The blue air bubbles was an added feature that took some time for me to figure out! Yeah, sometimes I'm slow!

Tree-house? Playroom?  I was stumped with this one!  What did you come up with?

A very intricate decoration on a gate.  Could it be mermaids, sirens or muses?  Let me know what you think!


Sometimes, looking down can be of interest.  Instead of the usual footprint, hand-print, or a name, this person wrote what he is, a native of Hawaii!  That's what I am too!  After a long, hard walk, what better way to reward myself than with Hawaiian food!  Can you name everything here?

Well, my blogger friends, this will end another year of the "Walking Hawaiian!"  Culminating 17.04 miles for the year and ending with 756.09 miles overall, I want to thank you for following my blog and hope that your journey in life will bring you happiness!  Aloha!( Good-bye!)


No comments:

Post a Comment