Wednesday, December 5, 2012

A very odd contraption to grace the front of your house, the only thing that I can come up with is maybe a large fish hanging scale?  But then, why the mid-air ladder?  Do you know what it is?

Blessed many times with Hawaii's liquid sunshine,(rain), up I went, higher and higher.  I'm about half-way up  Aiea Heights Drive, but many side streets exist and I must travel on them too! 

 
Unfortunately, even though I scaled 3.90 miles today, most of it was back-tracking.  Well, when you have a lot of dead ends on your route, it can't be helped.  I had a resident make his feelings known that he didn't like me walking around his neighborhood in an interesting way.  He honked his horn for 10 seconds straight and drove around while doing it.  The horn blasting aroused the interest of every single dog in the area and I had the "Mormon Tabernacle Choir" of dogs howling for an eardrum busting minute.  When they all settled down, the resident did it again!  The dog symphony began again.  I have to admit, picture taking was not on my mind at the time!  Leaving that area was! HaHa!

The juxtaposition of angles had me wondering if they couldn't make up their mind, or for "Feng Shui," they had to do it that way, or maybe they wanted a 360 degree view!

If this truly works, it must be powerful. They're probably checking out Kauai!  HaHa! It kind of looks like it could have been on a Navy ship, I may be wrong, but that's what comes to mind.


A bonified "Ohia Lehua" flower.  It's so much nicer to see it in person instead of a photograph!

The strange looking ornaments are fishing weights.  Now either they are avid fisherman(spare weights), strange artists(thought that it would look pretty) or they needed to weigh down this pine to make it stronger.  What do you think?  May you walk light as a feather, unburdened with weighty issues today!  Aloha!(Bye!)

2 comments:

  1. The house with all the angles should have used single big picture windows for a better 360 view, not 6 small windows put together. Maybe it was cheaper for them to put multiple windows instead.

    ReplyDelete