Friday, November 2, 2012

Look closely!  Do you see the smiling sun where a branch used to be?  I don't know if they couldn't take looking at the gaping wound after they cut the branch off, since it does face the home's windows, or if it just fit perfectly, so that's why they placed it there.  What do you think?


Since finishing Pearl Harbor, I thought that I should continue to press ewa(west), so according to my map, I'm now walking in WAIMALU.  Covering 3.88 miles, I was able to complete the makai(towards the ocean) side and plan to walk mauka(towards the mountain) next time. Total for the week comes to 10.30 miles making the grand total a blistering 418.85 miles since starting!


Passing by Waimalu Shopping Center, I had to let you know about the best saimin place on the Island! (Of course, that is only MY opinion!)  Shiro's, has a list of over 50 choices of Saimin!  Number 47 is my favorite!  Please give it a try if you are in the neighborhood, and tell me your opinion!



Some interesting items at people's homes caught my attention.  The first picture is the jury-rigged windmill and believe me, there were 5 of them in different parts of the front yard.  I guess they really want to know which way the wind is blowing!

The second picture of the directional sign with the address number.  I am familiar with yard sale signs and party signs on the light poles, but not this!  It seems to say, "Hey, come this way to get to my house!"

The last photo got me wishing for Mai Tai's and Pina Colada's while enjoying the stars and the balmy tradewinds.  A really nice place to chill out with family and friends.



Beautiful "Na pua"(flowers) always make my walk so delightful!


When I passed by this collection of Ti leaves, I was jolted into remembrance of an art store in Kailua, who sold painted ceramic kitchenware which looks eerily similar!  What do you think?


Even though I know that I'm besieging you with photographs today, I had to add these in!  I was walking behind the Waimalu Shopping Center, which is where the trucks make all their deliveries.  As I was dodging all the handtrucks and goods, I spied in between the trucks this vibrant, rich mural!

I didn't even want to walk this street, but, its on the map, so I thought that I'll whip through the street just to complete it!  Lo and behold, I would have missed this gorgeous mural if I wasn't looking!  Just remember, you can find beauty in the most unorthodox places if you look for it!  A Hui Hou!(Until we meet again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment