Thursday, November 1, 2012

This is a first where I felt like a shrimp!  Seeing these suits through an open doorway, I thought that this building may house a museum, but, they were actually holding a class, and I was interrupting them.  A guy not in the class helped me get a photo op by moving the suits apart and have me pose in the middle of them.  Super cool!  These guys are the deep  sea divers!

If you were thinking that I'm walking through Pearl Harbor, you are right!  This last leg completes the Pearl Harbor Naval Base, at least where I'm allowed to walk.  A satisfying jaunt of 4.24 miles with sunny skies and tradewinds accompanied me.  A mixture of civilian and military people alike working in harmony to protect our country.  That is what I will take with me as I continue my journey to other areas.

I guess that today was TRUCK day for me!  This antenna on the car is made up completely of hollow stars.  I've never seen something like that before.
 
What caught my attention to this truck was the change of color towards the bottom of the truck and what you can't see is the SPARKLES.  They were all over the top section of the truck.
 
I was hoping that you can see the rough paint exterior.  Have you heard of the "lava liner" that they coat in the bed of the truck so that you can put anything in there and not ruin the bed.  Well, the whole exterior and the bed is coated with the "lava liner!"  I guess he expects to treat the WHOLE truck pretty roughly!

This tiny enclave of serenity is located within a large living complex for sailors.  I don't know who created it, but it is well done and a koi pond resides within the shelter.

If I could take pictures without possibly risking the safety of our men and women in the military, I would.  But, I rather be safe then sorry.  I know that pictures have been paltry in Pearl Harbor, but my experiences will be forever in my heart.

Today, a Japanese Submarine entered the Harbor.  It's horn kept blaring sporadically for about 5 minutes.  That was driving me nuts!  Two tug boats guided it to its parking dock, where dignitaries waited with flags waving.  The Navy band was at the ready and started playing rock and roll 80's songs.  The submarine had all hands on deck in their white uniforms.  The high part of the submarine was festooned with a HUGE lei with colors of red, white and blue, maybe for Hawaii, maybe for the United States, maybe for both!  After docking, a small ship towing a floating plastic line enveloped the submarine, possibly to catch oils leaks while docked. 

I couldn't take a picture, and I couldn't even get very close, but it was so interesting how everyone did their part in such an organized fashion to get the task done.  I'm so impressed!  So, I hope that you know that no matter what you do, it is part of a bigger picture and we're all helping to get the task done!  E malama pono!(Take good care!)

No comments:

Post a Comment