Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Where am I?  Well, I could be in Waimalu, or maybe Aiea, or possibly Newtown, then again I could be in Pearl City.  I DON"T KNOW!  Detective Donna is going to take a wild stab and say that I was walking in Waiau.  If you know what this area is called, please let me know!


My confusion started with these maps!  I hope that I am right, but it seems to make sense! Since it was a dead-end road, backtracking was a necessity making the distance for today 4.90 miles, or twice the length of the road.  


Townhouses and homes line the area with "Newtown Meadows" being the only place that is located on the east side of the Waimalu stream.

"Hang on, Snoopy!"  The mailbox shaped as a dog house, showed the "Red Baron" character Snoopy would sometimes be.

Feeling creeped-out that someone was standing there watching me, I waved, "Hello!"  Come to find out that it was a life-size Thailand figurine placed outside their door.  My bad!  HaHa!

Placed inside a "koi pond," this statue was a "school of fishes!"  Please double click the photo to enjoy the details.

At last, the end of the dead-end road called, "Kilinoe," I inquired if there was a trail continuing on from this spot by a resident.  I was told that there isn't one and that this part of the road is private property.  Most valley and ridge roads end with a trail head, but not this one!

Taking a picture of the stream, I noticed that there were two turtles there!  Then I noticed that I may have interrupted something!  Oops!  Hoping for no "Oops" moments for you today!  Aloha ahiahi!(Good night!)

1 comment:

  1. You weren't interruping the two turtles, not the season, they like to "sun" themselves very close to each other, I think its for protection.

    ReplyDelete