Thursday, May 15, 2014

Somebody is talking behind this guy's back...or maybe BITING!  If you are wondering if I'm back in Kaka'ako, you would be correct.  Due to weather conditions and age, I thought that it would be good to document the beautiful art of POW! WOW!  Enjoy and TRY to understand!  Each work needs thoughtful contemplation for the artist's interpretation.

Walking perpendicular to my previous route, I was able to fill in most of the pukas (holes) , and photograph many more painted murals in the area. Completing only 3.26 miles for the day, I am resting up for the Charity Walk on Saturday. This is a 6 mile event that I participate every year! 

 I forgot to give you April's tally, so here it is!  The total for April was 15.82 miles adding to the Grand Total of 667.70 miles since starting this blog.  Come on 700!  I can TASTE it!


Met up with an interesting guy from Laie, named Matt!  He and his wife formed, Wooden Wave.  As I continued my walk, I came across his art.  A mural of tree houses, possibly a community!  I liked how he incorporated the meters in it!  If you would like to get more information, his email is: woodenwaveinfo@gmail.com.

Most important in art is composition!  I loved how this artist put everyday objects in this mural, somehow making it look organized and not just a MESS.  I wanted to take notes and identify each and every object.  Are you thinking that I'm OCD?  HaHa!

Not good to pass by when you are getting hungry!  One of my favorite Hawaiian Food restaurants!  I didn't know that they were in business since 1947!  They're obviously a hit!


What struck me about this art was the very heartfelt dedication to the artist's father.  It reminds me that everyone is human and experiences loss, but expresses it in different ways.

Again, if you would like to see more of the murals in Kaka'ako, please click on my link to my other blog, "the walking hawaiian 2!"  I didn't want to overwhelm you by posting everything that I saw.

A classmate of mine who has made the BIG TIME, yet is so humble.  I love her icon with the A and the N put together so ingeniously!  Way to go!  May you have continued success!

A novel way to support vines or trailing plants.  Eventually, it should grow into either a star or a circle!

Please double click the picture to find out why I thought that this was so unique!  Do you see it?  Yes, the poles and sign have been covered with knitted material!  So cool!  I mean...warm! 

Painted on a rolling door, I was lucky to see this as most places open their door for business!  The peony is my favorite flower due to its longevity, size and scent.  What is your favorite?  Make sure to ENJOY it!  Aloha no! (Lots of love!)

No comments:

Post a Comment