Sunday, May 18, 2014

This slipper might just fit my feet!  HaHa!  Though not a part of my "Walking Hawaiian," this is the "Charity Walk" that I try to participate in every year.  Well, you know that it's right up my alley!

A six mile walk with a minimum of $35 participant fee, the food you get all along the way and the many Hawaii organizations that benefit makes it well worth the cost.

I was revving my walking engines to get started, but, the worst log jam was at the start since we all had to get our stamps first.  STAMPS?  

There are 18 checkpoints that need stamping and when you get them all, this is your ticket for a FREE lunch and  you become eligible for drawings for prizes after the walk. Yeah, my card was pretty "bussup" from putting it in and out of my pocket.


I did not have need for their services yet, as we just started, but, it's good to have them nearby later on, yeah?

The Double-Tree cookie is my daughter's favorite which was one of the goodies we ate directly or put it in the backpack for later!  We paused for a picture along the Ala Wai Canal.

This year included many photo opportunities along the route.  Here, a mermaid sat, with a ready smile and a comfortable seat.

Not only was my daughter on this walk with me, but also my friend Robbie.  The shaved ice did not have the best flavor, but it sure cooled you down!




They must have held a decorative SLIPPER contest.  These are my favorites! Please double click the photo to see the intricate details!  Very creative!

The waves were pumping and glassy, but alas, Rochelle didn't have her board.  So, she improvised!

Finally, the last checkpoint and the end of the walk is in sight!  We were greeted with cheering girls and a fine mist at the finish.

Here are all the shirts of the Hotels who sponsored the event.  I saw many of them while we were walking.  My legs are sore, and my body exhausted, but, it was very satisfying to complete and fun to be with my daughter and friend for a great cause.  E Malama Pono! (Take good care!)
* By the way, if you would like to see more pictures of the event, click and check out my daughter's blog, "It's the weekend!" 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the pictures of your walk. I'm so glad you all went, way to give and also to have fun! My happiest moment, and I'm surprised you didn't mention this in your post, was when you told me how the six miles was no sweat! I remember when we first did the walk together and you were horrified by the length. Now you tackle it with ease, believing in yourself with the knowledge you can do it! I'm glad you shared this with us, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete