Friday, June 20, 2014


Can you find the faces?  Sometimes your frame of focus can hide what is so evident otherwise!  If you are guessing that I'm back in Kaka'ako, you are correct.  I am still on a mission to see all the the POW! WOW! Hawaii murals.  Please click on my link to thewalkinghawaiian2 to see even more murals!

Trying to fill in pukas,(holes) today took a blistering 5.80 miles to complete.  I look forward to the day when routes will start to connect to one another.  It's bound to happen sooner or later, yes?

An Island within an Island!  Found at the intersection of South St., King St. and Kapiolani Blvd., stands an artistically designed Island that could have easily been a triangular plot of grass instead.  I love it!  Do you?

Passing by a shop window, I realized that these aloha shirts had names!  Manufactured by RX, the names were associated with the pattern!  Please double click to enlarge the photo and see if you can see what it is called!

What used to be additional parking for the Ward 16 Theaters and Ward Warehouse, a huge high-rise will stand in it's place.  Bordering the work area is a wooden shield with informative pictures on it.  Depicted are pictures of the "Ward" family, Curtis Perry Ward and his wife Victoria (Robinson) Ward.  They owned the area where Ward Ave is and the Neil Blaisdell Arena and all the Ward shopping complexes. 

 If you would like more information, click on my link to thewalkinghawaiian2 blog. In addition, a descendant of the Wards, Frank Ward Hustace III, wrote a book called, "Victoria Ward and Her Family: Memories of Old Plantation."  

I know that I showed you the various ahupua'a that lead to Pearl Harbor.  Here are the ahupua'a that abound in the southeast part of Oahu.  Have you ever lived there or visited these ahupua'a 's?  Please double click the picture to enlarge.  I bet that you never knew the names or that there were so many of them, yeah?


I passed by my favorite burger joint, Kua 'Aina, and got Pavlov's response!  Yup, I started salivating!  You can find this on Auahi St.


Never far from beautiful flowers, here are multi-leaf hibiscus and yellow orchids in full bloom!

Makai (towards the ocean) of Ala Moana Blvd. stands the John A. Burns School of Medicine buildings, part of the University of Hawaii Manoa Campus.  The taro representation had the added opalescent panels that changed colors with the path of the sun in the sky!  Just gorgeous!

Studying the simplicity of the Mission Houses Museum, I realize that what they built was top of the line, newest technology for the time.  Boy, have things changed!  Even in the short span of 2 years, places revisited have already changed and my blog only captured a moment in time.  Yet, my blog remains and the memories stay in my heart and mind.  Capture sweet moments in time and enjoy it to the fullest because it'll be yours to keep!  Aloha no!(Lots of love!)

No comments:

Post a Comment