Thursday, June 12, 2014

Three swimming pools to swim in?  NOPE!  These are for skateboarders!  Their close proximity allows the boarders to flow from one pool to another.  Please double click the picture to see up close and realize that the pools are STEEP and DEEP!  Just standing near the edge of the pool was giving me terrors!  You need a lot of ANDROGENS to do this!

I guess you need to be pretty brave to walk on this NARROW shoulder as cars zip by at 40-45mph.  Yes, that crazy person was me!  Thank goodness I wasn't on Fort Barrette road for long as I made a right at the first intersection I came to!

You will notice that there is a yellow line where there is NO road.  Well, there is a road that is not open for traffic yet, and it will open eventually!  So, I walked it with little fear that someone would run me over!  SWEET!  This area of Kapolei is the business section and it has everything that you could think of and MORE!  You would never have to leave town as your world would revolve right here!  Today's walk carried me 4.28 miles into developing and developed Kapolei!


Abundant blossoming SHOWER TREES were hard to miss as they lined almost every single street that I walked.  Make sure to double click the photo and see the rich colors up close.

Thinking that I came upon a lemon tree or passion fruit vine, I was dumbfounded as I neared to see SPIKES protruding out of the fruit.  Now, I have NO IDEA what this plant is!  Does anyone know?  Could you enlighten me?  

I just loved the foliage surrounding the KAPOLEI HALE.  The trees offered cool shade and everywhere was meticulously manicured and thriving!

Who doesn't love the MUSTANG!  Kapolei Hale includes a DMV, and maybe this 1970 Ford Mustang Convertible Coupe needs a new registration?  Being 44 years old, I think that this car is in mint condition!

 
Are you into Archery?  As I said, Kapolei has everything and more!  Too cute, that the sign was informative since it pointed the way as well as it's in the shape of an arrow which is used in archery!


Located at an intersection that used to be the on-ramp and off-ramp to the H-1 Freeway off of Kamokila Blvd.,(now it's closed off and leads to nowhere!) stands a representation of the Goddess,"Kapo!"  Elder sister of Pele, she is the Goddess of Hula and her namesake is part of the area name, Kapolei!  Her open arms welcome you to Kapolei and maybe to the art of Hula.  I have to admit, I have passed this way by car many a time and have NEVER noticed this statue.  Walking the aina (land) has lead me to so many discoveries!  I hope that you will discover something new today too!  E malama pono! (Take good care!)

No comments:

Post a Comment