Friday, June 27, 2014

My friends, my goal today was to complete more Kaka'ako.  I think that I may have finished finding all the POW! WOW! Hawaii murals.  The only part of Kaka'ako to do is just off the ocean.  I have to admit, I won't look forward to that just because hundreds of homeless people live there and safety may be an issue.   I think I'll walk there with another person to feel a little safer!

Not wanting to overdo, yet be able to finish the southeast end, 3.83 miles was a tidy amount of walking.  Lots of businesses and towering apartments were the highlights of my walk today.



I will need to study these last murals I found today.  Very symbolic, your interpretation may well be correct, even if we differ.  Maybe that is what the artist had in mind?  To reach our own conclusions!  I would be very interested in knowing what you came up with!

This beautifully painted car is giving the murals of Kaka'ako some competition!  Also very symbolic, I will need to study this too!  What does it say to you?

Walking a great deal on Kapiolani Blvd., these stately trees almost formed a shady tunnel and respite from the glaring sun.

Another respite came in the form of "talking story" with Roy!  He works at  "The Ding Kingdom Surfboard."  Originally from Tel Aviv, Israel, he surfed at Hilton Beach and now loves to surf off Diamond Head at Lighthouse.  That was MY surfing spot when I was younger!  Unbelievable coincidence, and super cool!

Home of the Brave Brewseum is a museum and brewery combined.  Brewing only enough for guests and some key military accounts, they are known for their own recipe, Pilot Pale Ale and Remember Pearl Harbor Dark Lager.  Operating only tours for now, but, they will be open for July 4th if you are interested!

Located appropriately on Queen St., this mural of Queen Liliuokalani graces an imposing side of a building.  Only seen if you are driving west on Queen St. before you get to Kamakee, it is easy to never know of it's existence otherwise.

A common seaside plant, the beach naupaka,with it's identifying half-flower shaped bloom has another species that live in the mountains, the mountain naupaka making it ripe for a romantic story!  In a jealous rage, the goddess Pele separated two lovers who became the beach naupaka and the mountain naupaka.  Put the blossoms together to reunite the ill-fated pair.

Everyone has a great TRUE story to share!  Share a story or listen to someone else today!  Truly enlightening!  Aloha no! (Lots of love!)

No comments:

Post a Comment