Friday, May 17, 2013

If you guessed this was a mannequin arm, you would be right!  How did it get into the tree?  Sights today had me totally stumped and I hope that you can help me! 

Believe it or not, the south part of Oahu is experiencing waves of heights 6 - 10 feet!  Unheard of when you think of sweet, gentle waves in Waikiki!  I had to walk here to check out the waves and see for myself as I was a south-side surfer in my younger days.  Kaimuki is an area full of residential homes, churches and small businesses.  Squeezing out 4.65 miles in the hot, Hawaiian sun made me wish for a dip in the cool, Pacific waters.

Off of Diamond Head, a wind-surfer is being rescued from the strong currents and crashing waves since he wiped out and couldn't get his sail and board back together again without assistance.  Please double-click the picture to see just how big the waves are!

What is this?  Or, what was it?  Found off of Diamond Head Road, what a strange looking post!

Did you know that the "Board of Water Supply" has a Fort Ruger tunnel?  I wondered why so much land was unused in a prime area!



So much beauty cannot be disregarded or ignored.  Some blossoms that inspired me during my walk today!


Elephants never forget!  Although I'm not an elephant, Fort Ruger Market has the best "boiled peanuts" I've ever tasted, so I bought some to eat after I finished my walk.  Umm-umm! Was it ever so good!  Hoping that you won't forget to keep reading my blog and give me encouragement!  Aloha!
(Bye!)



4 comments:

  1. Love this blog, Donna! Takes me back 30 years ago when I lived there! Thanks for sharing your walks and discoveries with us "Hawaiian-wanna- be-mainlanders!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope that you like the pictures too! The biggest surprise was just how little I knew, even though I lived here most of my life. Walking the aina (land) and researching about it has made this journey so much more meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mom!
    Your pictures are gorgeous, wow! I love following in your footsteps the journeys and walks you have been making and your love of humor, love of life, love of Hawaii- the sheer aloha you possess is ponopono! Congrats on your one year again and I can't wait to read more about everything you find amusing, funny, or grand. Imua! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all the compliments! I'm blushing! Also, thank you for the encouragement! Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself when I blog, but still, I love the journey and WILL continue!

      Delete