Friday, May 31, 2013

Not a good start when you are salivating like Pavlov's dog seeing the Hawaiian McDonald's called "Zippy's!"  I had a long way to go before I could sink my teeth in some ono (delicious) local fare!  Are YOU getting hungry now?

 I'm I typical girl who couldn't make up her mind as to where to walk today.  Finally deciding to lope in Pearl City, 3.91 miles filled a nice area.  This part of Pearl City starts to slope upward and makes for more challenging terrain.



There is no doubt in my mind as to WHAT is their favorite plant!  I'm only giving you a sample because so many residents demonstrated this recurring theme!

Blatant, BLATANT, BLATANT disregard for the law!

Don't you think that you should hitch a ride with something FASTER?!  HaHa!  A yard ornament that made me smile today!

Streams festoon the Island of Oahu, and are nothing peculiar, but do you see WHERE it is?  This stream flows UNDER the Pearl City Shopping Complex!  The parking and all the stores rest on top of a cement bridge!  The only reason I noticed this is because I was following the flow of the stream on my walk today, then I noticed that it disappeared under the road on the mauka (mountain) side of the shopping center.  As I came around to the makai(ocean) side, this is what I saw!  Mystery solved!  Scary!  Hoping that you can solve a mystery too!  A Hui Hou! (Until we meet again!)

1 comment:

  1. Aloha!
    Wow, I did not know that the stream ran under the shopping center like that!
    I find it pretty awesome that you turned your curse of being 'easily distracted' to a blessing of 'fascinating observations'. And I still love the humorous twist you put on things like the turtle ornament and favorite plant planting.
    I love you so much! You'll always be the Walking Hawaiian to me!

    ReplyDelete