Thursday, May 2, 2013

At first, I thought that this plant must of died, but the closer I looked, the more it looked like it was made of metal!  Sticking out of a rock made for a few more suspicions.  Despite the lack of color, this metal plant was well done!

 
Whaaaa?  Where am I now?  Well, I had business in Kailua, so I decided to do my "Walking Hawaiian" there.  I traversed 4.62 miles before saying, "Uncle!"  My original goal was to cover the WHOLE Keolu Dr., but it is quite a distance since I also included walking the dead-ends.  No worries!  I can always come back another day to complete!

Walking in a residential neighborhood, all I passed today were homes and schools.  This whimsical garden captured my imagination.  Please double click the photo to see the details!  By the way, I did notice many home owners out and about after I passed, like they were trying to look busy, but, actually keeping an eye on me!  HaHa!  I'm used to it by now!

Not only was this an unusual addition to the home, I noticed that the flag of Israel was flying with the American flag.  I'm used to seeing the Hawaiian flag flying, upright OR upside down!

And what's so great about this garage?  Well, those two silver-framed adornments are actually water fountains in full operation.  I heard it before I saw it!  A thin film of water cascaded down the length of it.

Something is "fishy" about this mailbox!  Don't you agree?  Anybody got an idea as to identifying the type of fish this is?


The breathtaking beauty of the plants of Hawaii always make "The Walking Hawaiian" worthwhile.  The hillside has been sculptured into an oasis of plant life.  I'm sure that it took years, and they're not finished yet!  The hibiscus I encountered will be filed into my favorite flowers catalog and someday I will try my luck at watercolor painting it!  Indulge in your passions today! He aha kau hana! (What are you going to do?)

No comments:

Post a Comment