Friday, April 26, 2013

Looking at the beautiful homes lining Diamond Head, I caught some movement out of the side of my eye.  These three, colorful "cocoon" like figures hang from a huge banyan tree, spinning and shining, and made of various plastic-like materials.  The "why" and the "what" escapes me!  Do you know anything about them?

Another surfing day for my daughter, so Waikiki and the surrounding areas were the choice for today!  The 4.50 miles completed an interesting area that climbed gently up part of the slopes of Diamond Head.  The homes located at the uppermost part were expansive mansions, whereas modest homes were situated lower.   Pualei Circle was squeezed with condo after condo, no single homes to be seen there!  *Public Service Annoucement!  Not only is the Zoo parking lot undergoing renovation and half is closed off, now the Waikiki Shell parking is also under construction and half the parking lot is closed!  Parking may be very difficult in Waikiki for a while!

Will the questions never cease?  Bright orange flowered vines covered a school fence beautifully, yet alas, I have no idea what it is.  Can you enlighten me?


There must be something veeerrrry important back there to necessitate a driveway circumnavigating your home.  It continued around to the back, so, I still don't know how far it went or what it led to.  Donna wisdom says, "Make a straight driveway by busting up the curb and making another ingress way to the back!" 

Talking about curbs, these curbs must have been made a long time ago, since using "coral" would be a big NO-NO now!  Most of this street was lined with coral curbs.

I had to come closer to believe this!  With the bottom area of the home used as a garage, the tiny upstairs is the home.  I swear, it must be a studio!  The front was all louvered windows, so at least they have some airflow!  Today made for some unusual and interesting sights and my hope is that more of the same will continue to come my way as "The Walking Hawaiian!"  Malama pono! (Take care!)

No comments:

Post a Comment