Friday, January 10, 2014

Catching my eye due to it's peculiar shape, I must admit that I'm quite fond of this cement pattern.  Usually brick contains angular lines, and this one has CURVES!  Yeah, you're right!  Donna does have different tastes!

Talking about lines, I'm used to seeing an abundance of flowers on one bush, this is the first time that they were all in a STRAIGHT line!  Very organized, but lovely!

Looking like wrapped packages hanging from the branches, peering closer I realized that it's wrapped bricks weighing the branch down.  Does it strengthen the tree?  Do you know what the purpose is?  Double click the picture to see up close!

If you can't help me with the previous picture, how about this one?  I thought that it was a price tag at first, but then I noticed that there was a whole bunch of them!  Sticky bug paper?  What do you think?


Back to Aiea I go, trying to fill some gaps in my walk.  Knowing that this route would be inclines and steep declines, 4.41 miles took an inordinate time to complete.  Putting one foot in front of the other and plodding slowly, I got the job done.  Sleep will come easily tonight, I think!  HaHa!

You are looking down Piki St.  I snapped a picture as I caught my breath.  I bet the residents LOVE the view and that they don't WALK home!  HaHa!

Normally, I don't wish for rain, but it would have been so cool to see a waterfall streaming down this rock path! 

Are you thinking that this is a modern painting?  Nope, I wanted to show you the rich colors of the Mindanao Gum tree up close.  One of the few non-Australian eucalyptus species, I hope that you can appreciate it's beauty!  By the way, this is the seventh tallest specie of tree in the world, growing up to 200 feet!

Been falling asleep?  I hope that this bright hibiscus woke you up!  Probably making the resident nervous as I had to walk up their driveway to take this picture up close!  See what I go through to capture these gorgeous flowers!  Do something daring today!  Nothing illegal though!  HaHa! E Malama Pono!  (Take care!)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful brick work, haven't seen that before. Great eye on the "straight" line of hibiscus. Bob thinks the bricks are for keeping birds away. When the birds land on the branch it cause the bricks to sway and then scares the birds away. The sticky paper is to catch all the "white flies" and small insects that want to attack the fruits and leaves. The bright color of yellow and orange hibiscus is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete