Saturday, January 18, 2014

It's been awhile that I've posted a picture of a beautiful gate, but, it has to impress me before I share it with you.  Colorful, stately, Bird of Paradise graced this driveway gate.  I liked how the plants are framed into the metal gate.

Thick brush strokes convinced me that this mailbox was hand-painted.  Great composition and fetching colors helped to attract my attention on this walk!



Maybe the heavy rains we were experiencing had a part in it, but, the vibrancy of the flowers took my breath away today!  Aren't they gorgeous!


IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!  I have just past the 600 mile mark since starting this blog!  Taking 4.07 miles to complete today's walk, I have now walked 603.86 miles in total!  Every 100 miles, I pause to celebrate how far I have come!  One step at a time has got me this far!

I wasn't the only one who had to turn around today.  Patch Gate is an alternate way to get in and out of Fort Shafter which is obviously closed on Saturday as well as Sunday too!  Stick with the Buckner Gate, folks!

Now either this resident LOVES Angels, or they figure, the more angels, the more protection!  It was a beatific sight anyway!  What do you think?


Knowing that Kam IV(Kamehameha IV) road is dissected with the freeway, I wanted to explore how it started from King St. across the freeway and headed mauka (towards the mountain)!  Maybe I shouldn't have continued in the Private Property area, but, I was amply rewarded with this perplexing sight!  A huge, vertical stone with Japanese writing on it stood in the middle of the housing.  Graveyard or Shrine, I know not, but, it was beautifully maintained!

Ending my jaunt, I walked the length of Kaua St., which is sandwiched between Fort Shafter and the Moanalua Freeway.  Thankfully, my daughter picked me up at Moanalua Gardens so that I didn't have to back-track back to my car.  What are you thankful for today?  E Malama Pono! (Take good care!)

1 comment: