Thursday, February 20, 2014

Based upon the saying in the commercial for Trix cereal, "Silly rabbit...Trix is for kids," I loved the moniker and that girls can have fun with a jeep too!

Having a tiny incomplete area on a map page was driving me CRAZY, so taking 4.95 miles to complete the makai side of Fort Shafter, it is now done!  Just as numerous construction projects are ongoing on the mauka side of Fort Shafter, the makai side is too!  After spending time contemplating and writing down a route to take today, I pretty much threw it out the window as detours and construction sites blocked the original plan.  Oh well!  More importantly, I did finish what I planned to do.

Kahauiki Stream ran alongside of me and I crossed it several times on my walk today.

A hidden gem of military housing called Funston Village had a 360 degree vantage point as it looped on a hill.

I haven't posted cars in a long time because I do have high standards!  I liked this Chevy though!  The red-orange color demanded further study and the designs were so graphic, almost New Zealand, Maori style!  The hubcaps and tires were pimped out too!

In a likewise manner, this car's color got my attention first... later the design!  Scooby-Dooby-Doo!  I guess that today was the day for automobiles!

Making a design on a fence out of plastic cups is as dramatic as the message it inspired which is LIBERTY!

Through the duration of my trek today, this sign was my constant companion.  Although frustrating, I didn't allow it to make me give up and go home.  The road may not be as planned, but going another way can be interesting!  Hoping that detours that come up in your life will lead to new discoveries!  E Malama Pono! (Take Care!)

No comments:

Post a Comment