Friday, February 7, 2014

This is what happens when you get 11 straight days of rain.  Not, light drizzles, but, rain coming down in sheets!  Hawaii's plant life and aquifers are joyous accepting the abundance!  I thought that the flagrant burst of color from this Hibiscus would wake you up!

Jumping back to the Leeward side of the Island again, yes, I do have a plan!  Seeming helter-skelter to you, I'm trying to finish off pages of map so by the end of my second year, I'll highlight the map of Oahu of areas completed. 

So, today I'm clambering through Pearl City.  A surprise awaited me when I tried to complete  the uppermost part of Waimano Home Road.  Gated off, with security screening cars, I was not allowed to continue.  Seeing a trail next to the Road, I decided to walk NEXT to Waimano Home Road.  The trail started to wander off the road and deeper into the valley.  That's when I decided to turn around.  Today finished 3.76 more miles in the area.



My little deviation turned me into a feast for the mosquitoes, since preparation for a "forest hike" wasn't in my plans for this trek!  Well, it did help me to walk faster!  HaHa!




With residential neighborhoods normally occupying the highest part of ridgelines, I was quite surprised to pass a couple of schools, a Hospital and a Cultural center!



I wasn't the ONLY walking Hawaiian today!  I caught up with Ko'o as he headed back down Waimano Home Road.  He started from the bottom of the road, as he said he's taking a little STROLL during his lunch break!  I had to laugh since that isn't a little stroll, but, I give him a lot of credit!

Seeing what I thought was a huge weed, it actually was a cherry tomato plant!  Then, I thought that someone mistakenly chopped it off!  To further my surprise, I realized that it was growing from a crack in the cement.  Talk about tenacity!

Nearing the end of my route, I came across Kris as she was locking up an exit gate attached to Pearl City High School on Ho'okiekie St.  Telling her about my blog, she said, "Let's take a picture together!"  Normally, I'm not a "selfie" photographer, but there's a first time for everything!  Now, I just wish I wore makeup!  HaHa!  Why don't you do a "first" today too!  Aloha no! (Lots of Love!)

No comments:

Post a Comment