Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Never knowing what you could encounter while walking, the sound of flowing water called me to investigate further.  Reaching the end of Lima St. in Kalihi, just off the road is the Kalihi Stream, running quickly due to the recent downpour of rain we have been receiving.


Nearing the completion of a map page, Kalihi was the choice for today's journey.  Plugging holes in my route garnered 2.59 miles in an area were I must admit, I had a little trepidation.  Kuhio Park Terrace is a low income housing project, and even though improvements have been made, it's long history and recent events can be a cause for concern.  Praying for courage, protection and guidance, it worked since I had no problems whatsoever!

I always thought that Kuhio Park Terrace apartments were in the shape of a "V," well I found out otherwise.  Centrally located, with nearby bus routes, this area is convenient for those who don't own a car.

Passing by Sanford B. Dole Middle School, I spied a colorful mural called, "E Pili Kakou," (we are connected), by use of puzzle-like tiles to show how we are a part of the whole and need each other to be complete!  I love the symbolism.

I have no idea what this bush is, but I like the startling intermittent white colored leaf or petal.  Does anyone know what this is and if the white is part of the flower or a leaf?

Eye-catching flowers welcome you to this activity center that teaches you how to grow plants. This is one of the amenities that Kuhio Park Terrace provides.

Okay, you see a parking lot and so what, you say?  Well, the roof part is actually solar panels!  What a creative use of space and energy efficiency by shading the cars and producing energy!

Taking a while to make out that it says, "Hi Life,"  which means Hawaii Life, I still am stumped as to the image that is cut out of the letters.  Do you see anything recognizable in there?  Through perplexing problems, I hope that you can rely on friends and family to help you solve them!  A Hui Hou! (Until we meet again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment