Thursday, February 27, 2014

Used for his advertisement, half of a REAL CORVETTE is affixed to "Chuck's Corvette Clinic!"  That's one EXPENSIVE sign, yes?  I can only surmise that this car was in a wreck and this was the half that survived the impact.  What do you think?

Whoa!  Yeah, Donna is all over the place!  Sorry, I got inspired driving through the area as "Donna's Taxi Service!"  HaHa! (Just a joke, but, it felt like it!)  The area is called, "Kaka'ako," and straddles the heart of the Honolulu business section.  Taking only 4.25 miles to cover large sections of Queen St. and all of Halekauwila St., many fascinating sights were found! 

Since today will be the last walk of the month, I tallied 22.21 miles for the month of February, with a grand total of 633.37 miles to date.





Due to the grandiose size of these murals, decorating the walls of businesses on Queen St., it commands attention and you could easily get into an accident while driving!  Interesting enough, there were many auto body shops festooning the street!  Could come in handy!  HaHa!

Why is this hanger in the tree?  Just "hanging" around, I suppose!  Lame joke, I know!  HaHa!

Passing by the "Kawaiahao Church Cemetery," a joke came to mind!  Why are there fences around a graveyard?  Because people are dying to get in there!  Macabre, yes, I'm in a strange mood!

I loved the reflective quality of this arch and the movement of the children in this work of art called, "Passages."  Created by Mamoru Sato, he used Bronze and Stainless Steel as his medium.

If you are an avid cross-stitcher, this is the place.  Threads of all kinds, kits, classes and accessories fit in this tiny, not easy to find establishment.  

With a crazy mix of old and new, this is Queen St. You never know what you'll see when you get to the next block!  Even though this walk was long, time flew by as sights occupied my mind. Hoping your day flew by too, full of wonder and surprises!  A Hui Hou! (Until we meet again!)

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I was wondering where that image of the reflective arch came from. I like that through the reflection you can see from the kids perspective what their eyes behold. You can see the whole family, and they are all so polite to be standing on the edges of the sidewalk. I think the art work probably would have been more realistic if they blocked the sidewalk, and caused more of a stir!

    Yeah, that graveyard joke is what I always think too when I see a cemetery, I am well conditioned by you and dad. Are the puns something that you're getting from me or is that something I get from you guys? Well, I think I'm getting the hang of it. :)

    Did you ask why Fiddlesticks Too has a camel as their mascot? The only reason I can think of is for camel hair as material, or that from doing stitch work you develop a hump.

    I love your pictures, can't wait to read more about your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "yellow" hanger in the tree is to scare off the birds.

    ReplyDelete