Friday, February 14, 2014

Just wanted to relate my "heartfelt" aloha to all my blogger followers!  Hope you will be cherished as I cherish your support and motivation!  Painted and designed by yours truly, have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Today should delight you since the road I took also is a hiking trail.  Having to walk back from the end to the start, I doubled the distance to 3.28 miles.  A gorgeous day inspired me to travel to the Easternmost end of the Island of Oahu!  The ocean gets very deep quickly, so rich, deep blues come close to the shoreline.

Makapu'u Lighthouse Road starts at this sign and leads you to ample parking, yet due to its popularity, people still park on the side of the road.

Why is it so popular?  Not only is the hike great exercise, you could walk to a secluded beach to swim, snorkel and surf.  Though hard to see, just off to the left in the center of the picture stands "Pele's Chair," a rock formation that resembles a chair from the road.

If you look closely,(double click to see up close) you'll see people sunning on the lava outcropping and see a few individuals swimming in the deep tidal pools.  To get here, a long and scary hike down would be required.  I have not been so brave yet!  HaHa!

What is that churning water on the left?  Whales!  Breeding begins in January and completes in March.  They play in the deep waters of the Hawaiian chain and their breaching and blowing is quite a spectacle.

Of course, there is it's namesake, the Makapu'u Lighthouse!  One of the most beautiful lighthouses in the nation! The walk is challenging, but, the reward is great!


Fortunate for me, another Walking Hawaiian accompanied me... my daughter!  Quite a pleasure spending time with and lucky for me, carrys the water!  HaHa!

Always seeing "aloe" only with prickly spikes, this is the first time I've seen them flowering!  Pretty yellow blossoms rose out of the cacti, catching my attention!

Seeing the windward coast before leaving the lighthouse is awe inspiring, and I hope that you get to see with your own eyes the beauty Hawaii has to offer!  Have a most romantic day!  Aloha No! (Lots of love!)

No comments:

Post a Comment