Saturday, April 19, 2014

Kissing cousins, maybe?  Actually I thought that this was an ingenious way to park your car as close as possible to another car without hitting it.  Well, at least that is what I think their reasoning is!


A new area that is envisioned to be a second "Honolulu" is called Kapolei!  Unbeknownst to me, most of the streets I traversed are actually Hawaiian Homestead lands.  I was surrounded by Hawaiians today!  These were self-help homes that you had to build yourself.  The design was generally the same, but some were two-story's and others were single story.  Numerous back-tracking made my total for the day at 4.85 miles!


This scorching red-hot Corvette must belong to a RICH Hawaiian!  It took me a little while to figure out what the license plated translated to.  Do you know what it says?

A neighbor decided to liven up the tree by adding a beautiful orchid plant on it!  Now this person knows how to do it, as evidenced by the growth!

Here is a sampling of some homes built on the Hawaiian Homestead lands.  Very nice, don't you think?

Possibly, the owner was born in the Year of the Dragon, since it was showing prominently in his front yard!  I enjoyed studying the intricate details of the sculpture!  Please double click to enlarge the photo and study it too!


 I hope that you are aware of the abundance of flowers everywhere you look!  The plumeria and the hibiscus did not escape my attention!  Gorgeous, don't you think?

If you think that someone is hanging their swim shorts out to dry, you are WRONG!  Only in Hawaii does this flag make sense!  Don't you think that it would be a cool surrender flag?  HaHa!  Surrender yourself to the beauty of Hawaii...Look and see!   A Hui Hou! (Until we meet again!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you were up late posting this one! I do love that you share your walks and your pictures- aiyah gotta balance it with some shut eye though, yeah? You stay up so late yet make so few mistakes, if any. How awesome!

    I always wondered about the orchid plants- it's good to see some success, maybe try it out sometime too. When you wrote "as evidenced by", I thought "nursing?" How to make a nursing diagnosis is to write "______ related to ______ as evidenced by _______".

    I will surrender myself to the beauty of Hawaii- mahalo for this beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete