Saturday, April 12, 2014

I'm pretty excited and telling everyone live or inanimate (whoever will listen!) that I have just completed TWO SOLID YEARS of doing The Walking Hawaiian!  Walking a total of 659.10 miles and acquiring 10,000+ views, I feel like celebrating! 



First of all, I want to sponsor another CONTEST with the prize being a hand-made (by yours truly) felt Easter egg that you can fill with candy and use year after year!  You get to pick which one of the four you want! 

Enter by putting the date and year of your own personal favorite "Walking Hawaiian" blog in this comment section and you will be entered in the drawing!  The drawing will be held on Friday, April 18, 2014.  So you have less than a week to enter!  Hurry!

As motivation, I want to share with you my own personal favorites this past year.  Click on the date to link immediately to my favorites!

March, 16 2014. - Ford Island, I bravely rang a ship's bell and instantly regretted doing it!  Find out why!

February 27, 2014 - Kaka'ako, the artistry of the painted mural on the walls of businesses wowed me!

February 14, 2014 - Makapu'u lighthouse road had dramatic views and I saw WHALES!

January 10, 2014Newtown, Aiea had so many strange sights and beauty too!

November 18, 2013  - Fort Shafter, walking on Parks road which is nestled deep in the valley was peaceful and lush with older homes full of character!

September 2, 2013  -  Niu Valley was a desire coming to fruition by exploring it fully with all the interesting gates, gardens, driveways, mailboxes and cars!

May 7, 2013 -  Diamond Head road introduced me to Reuben, a fellow Hawaiian and craftsman.  Also, the walk was full of history!

April 11, 2013  -  Kahala-Kaimuki is my old stomping grounds and it brought back so many memories!

So, what have I learned doing "The Walking Hawaiian" the past year?  Most importantly, never lose your passion in life!  Even though friends, family, health and other activities will wrest for your time, make sure to make time for your passion!  Then you will wake up every morning enjoying your life's journey.   With me, you won't have blisters!  Aloha no! (Lots of Love!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey makuahine!
    In entrance to this contest (four hours left!) I would say my favorite blog is the one you posted Monday, August 20, 2012. In this one you walked 2.1 miles around Halawa. What really struck me was this beautiful picture of a tree with a bright ray of light shining through it's glorious, proud green leaves and abundant pink blossoms. I had to download it instantly and I put it on my cell phone as a background screen for a long long time. I loved that picture and I still do- it evokes a feeling of beauty in me only the Hawaiian Islands can create. I think at that time I nagged you to put a signature on your pictures or to somehow copyright them, because your photography was a work of art to me.

    Thank you for taking care of the blisters, mahalo nui loa!!

    ReplyDelete