Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I love this time of year!  All the flowers are profusely blooming.  Quite distracting, really!  Are you noticing all the beauty around you?  These Bird of Paradise could not be ignored!

Aiiii-ya!  Talk about beauty and the beast!  The one and only Hawaiian creature that gives me the "heebie-jeebies!'  I can't ignore the centipede either!  Believe me, you don't want to be bitten by this indestructible, multi-legged animal!


Fascinated by this area that I haven't totally explored as yet, I continue to putter around the Pearl City Peninsula adding an additional 3.89 miles for the day.   Largely Navy Housing, I noticed the quiet, peaceful, and spacious accommodations here.  Surrounded by open spaces not common on Oahu, you could get quite spoiled and expect luxuries not offered to the Hawaiian residents. (Unless you are filthy rich, that is!  Count me out! HaHa!)

More VW's?  Instead of Bugs, the Van variety is another favorite!  Boy, the Peninsula sure loves their VW's!


Blocking my way to continue walking on Waipuna Ave., the road eventually leads to the Pearl Harbor National Wildlife Refuge.  A swampy area, you can tell by looking at the second picture of fresh water just seeping off the side of the road.



Strange sights also followed me through today's walk.  A sign that is upside-down saying, "Fresh Oil?"  Then the sidewalk detour leading to...? (Your guess is as good as mine!)  Finally, let us free the water meter! ( I don't think it's going anywhere! HaHa!)

My biggest and best surprise is this Passion Flower!  This is the first time I have ever seen it in the flesh!  I count this blossom as one of my favorites, yet have only seen it in pictures.  I'm hoping that a "first time" will be in store for you today!  Pomaika'i! (Good Luck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment