Friday, March 21, 2014

This view can only be seen on the Pearl City Peninsula.  You MUST have a military ID or be an DoD affiliate to gain access here.  Starting from Waimano Home Road, the name changes to Lehua Rd. as you head Makai (towards the ocean) and ends at the end of the Peninsula.  The wind howled across the water and salt spray misted me entirely.  Well, I now have the "beach salt spray" look in my hair!  HaHa!

Unfortunately, I planned a loop route, but was stopped short by a Naval facility that required special passes to enter.  So, turn around I did, all the way back to my starting point as no other means to cut across was possible.  Today took 4.34 miles and a change of plans to complete.  Oh well, I know now!




I have never seen so many Volkswagen in my walk before!  The yellow "V-W," is a 1500, and one that I am not too familiar with.  I bet that the owners have some sort of V-W "Bug" club, yeah?

This is what greeted me on today's walk.  The turnstile required a code to input, then the turnstile would turn.  I would have loved to see the views of the south side of the peninsula!  By the way, there were signs everywhere prohibiting photography!  Past the fence, that is!

I guess that the Pearl City Community Center is for military people, since they are the only ones who can get past the guards!  Lots and windows and open floor space, I can visualize dance classes, dances, exercise classes and large gatherings!

Even though I wanted to call this street "Satellite Dish Row," it actually is Franklin Ave.  Views of the Ko'olau Mountain was pretty spectacular at the end of the road.

Lehua Ave. cuts the peninsula in half and is the main street for the area.  I'm facing north which would lead you out of the peninsula.

When you are in the military, everything that you decorate with must be detachable since everything needs to be cleared once you move.  I thought that this "flag," which was painted on a palette was a great idea.  It is boldly colored, stable, you don't have to raise it and lower it  everyday and it's movable.  I talked with the residents and was told that they found the idea on Pinterest.  Well, I did comment that they are missing a bunch of stars!  HaHa!  Hoping that you can always improvise when presented with an obstacle! Pomaika'i! (Good Luck!)

No comments:

Post a Comment