Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Lucky for me, accompanied by Nick, (daughter's boyfriend) I was informed of what this cement circle was and what it was used for.  Another remnant of it's aviation past, this is a Aircraft Compass calibrator.  You park in the middle, pointing the nose north, then incrementally turn (swing) the aircraft making sure the compass is either accurate or make adjustments to the compass.  Obviously, due to it's small size, probably single-engine planes used this.

Reasons why you need to use this would be if the compass accuracy is suspect, a change in the electrical system, aircraft passed through a electric storm, a lightning strike, non-use of aircraft for a year or a major replacement of ferrous metal.

Today completes the last of Ford Island as "The Walking Hawaiian."  Striding 4.04 miles did the trick!  I'm so happy!  In celebration, I'm going to make this blog a series of games and tests.  The pictures are from my walk, I'm just changing the format a little!





1) What do all these names have in common?

2) What is this called, and what is it's use?

3) Find Waldo, the black bumble bee!

4) What does Donna want to use this for?

Just to keep you in suspense, (or give you time to look up the answers) I will post the answers in tomorrow's blog!  Are you hating me yet?  HaHa!  Have a wonderful, playful day everyone!  A Hui Hou! (Until we meet again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment