Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Did you figure out that the latticework is a representation of breadfruit or ulu?  Lining a walkway leading to a towering apartment building, the intricate work was emphasized by the play of light and shadow.


Daring to make my routes connect, 4.01 miles filled the bill by bridging Ala Moana and Kaka'ako together.   So now, from Kalihi to Kahala is a finished seam of streets.  I feel like a walking seamstress!  Yes, Donna has a different way of thinking!



Since I'm along the SEWING line, I want you to imagine these three pictures together as one panoramic.  The first picture is the left side, the second is the middle and the third is the end.  At the end of the blog, I'll show you the panoramic.  See how well you did!

If you LOVE ceramics and are a pottery artist, this is the place to go to!  Ceramic Hobbyist has just about everything that you can think of and more.  They also fire your work!  Dean (the guy waving) showed us (my friend Robbie was with me) non-fired clay.  We felt the hardness of the dried clay and saw the many non-fired glazes on hand.  That would be great for children to experiment and create with!  You can't eat or drink from the clay pieces, but they could be a wonderful display item!



Did I feel watched today?  Why yes I did!  Thinking that Kaka'ako was the only place with murals, I was surprised and delighted to find more awesome murals!

Maybe I should add a hard-hat to my Walking Hawaiian attire.  So much construction is occurring in the areas I've been, when looking up at all the cranes lifting buckets of cement is producing a little anxiety!  Here is Pi'ikoi St., with Ala Moana Shopping Center going through a major overhaul.  By the way, parking there is CRAZY!

Never one to miss blossoming beauties, this lily was today's winner!


Okay folks, here is the panorama that I told you to piece together.  Click on the picture to enlarge to see the details.  How did you do?  In life, little bits and pieces of experiences become a panorama seamed together which make it YOU!  Imua! (Move forward!)

No comments:

Post a Comment