Tuesday, July 29, 2014


The theme for today is Beautiful and Strange.  The brightly hued hibiscus reminded me of the sun.  Seeing orchids encircling these vertical palms seems unlikely with gravity pulling it downward.  So many beautiful items came into view as well as strange items, so, I'll pair the two for your enjoyment.


Having walked the flat-lands for the past several months, going back up the mountain ridges proved quite challenging. Continuing in Pearl City and taking 2 hours to walk 4.61 miles isn't breaking any speed records, but, Waimano Home Road is finally completed.


I loved the inviting passage through the gate into the yard. Calm and serene, I really wanted to enter.  The second picture was frightening, as the garage roof looks like it could cave in at any moment.  I most certainly would not be parking my car in there!  Would you?


The attention to detail made the first mailbox memorable, the second one was definitely different.  Made out of pipe parts or parts of a musical instrument, that's what I call recycling!


Still blooming abundantly, the rich colors of the plumeria shouts for attention.  I had to pause and ponder with the second picture.  I think that they are either trimming the mango tree or planning to cut it down altogether in sections.  I got this CRAZY desire to climb the scaffolding and see the view from the top!  I WAS an avid tree climber in my younger days!

I think I know what this contraption is!  I believe that it's an ELEVATOR!  Used for a handicapped person or to transport groceries or you're just lazy to use the stairs.  What do you think?

Somebody trimmed this growth to look like a bonsai tree.  Well manicured and located at the base of a huge established tree, it made me feel inspired that one person created this work of art for all to enjoy.  How many people pass by and admire this individual's handiwork?  I don't know!  But, the Walking Hawaiian did and is thankful for it.  Mahalo, mahalo!  (Thank you, thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment