Wednesday, July 9, 2014



Walking to the end of Hopeloa Pl., this empty lot with a magnificent panoramic view took my breath away.  I knew then, that I had to show this to you in the form of a video.  The light tradewinds whispered as I took the video.  Enjoy!

Surfing in Waikiki, my daughter needed a drop-off and so walking in Kahala was a logical step since it's so near to Waikiki.  I did forget that Kahala has rolling hills and this walk can be challenging!  Taking 5.17 miles, I completed a decent amount of area.  Being my neighbor hood as a youth, I have NEVER walked OR drove through this part of Kahala.  Fascinating!

Seeing a pointed roof peeking out near the entrance way of this home, I started visualizing what could be under it.  The high, lava rock wall, hid whatever lies underneath.  My imaginings are a Hot whirlpool tub, protected by the roof, or a lovely sitting area, with comfortable chairs and tables with a bar nearby.  What do you envision?

Whimsical and unusual, I loved the play of colors and it was surrounded by Pikake!  I'm sure that the home must smell heavenly!



The bright yellow ilima, (flower of Oahu), the fiery-red Royal Poinciana tree and the rooty Banyan tree makes for beautiful sights while walking.

My favorite gate for the day!  What I really like is the shadows it creates!  The  Kohola (whales) are swimming in an ocean of cement.  Not poetic, but accurate!  HaHa!

Using chalk as their medium, a garage door became the canvas for this budding artist!

Obviously, this horse doesn't know how to swim!  Decorating the front of a home, somebody got creative!  Of course, if you were made of cement, flotation devices could be helpful!  HaHa!  Hoping for some levity in your day!  Smile!  A Hui Hou! (Until we meet again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment