Monday, July 7, 2014

Seeing the brightly colored wall mural, I quickly snapped a photo.  At the time, I thought that the pebbly background was an interesting effect.  Upon closer inspection, I realized that it was letters.  So, your task is to tell me what it says!  Good luck!  * Spoiler alert!  The answer will be at the end of this posting!

Wanting to continue my connecting of routes, today's walk took me from Iwilei to Chinatown in the downtown Honolulu area.  It might not look far to you, but, 5.11 miles is what it took to accomplish this task.  Now, I have a path from Pearl City to Kahala strung together from separate routes!




Yes, the sign says it all!  Strolling through Chinatown with my beautiful friend, Amy, we ate a baked manapua from the Royal Kitchen, bought Char siu at the Char Siu House,  bought 2 stalks of fragrant tubarose at a lei shop, and visited various temples along the way.  Amy is the one in the GREEN shirt!

Espying a Dragon's head and tail peeking over a second floor rail, I decided to check it out.  What I found was a Dragon canoe! ( At least, that is what I called it!)  Read the next picture and find out all about this dragon!

Two thousand years of history!  Well, it might take me that long to finish my "Walking Hawaiian" goal!  HaHa!  Nah, only ONE thousand years!  HaHa!


Normally, I don't take pictures of buildings, but,  this one was definitely different.  The apartments faced either side.  You have a choice to either face east or west.  The walkway was in a straight line with the elevator in the middle.  Double click to see the details up close!

A fence blocked the continuation of Ka'aahi St.  You might ask me why, and I'll have no answer!  My best guess is that one side is slated for commercial use and the other is residential.

Good thing that the water wasn't exactly pure and clean, or else I would have jumped in at this point!  See!  Even the hono (turtle) won't touch the water!  HaHa!  Nah!  Actually, I thought that this park was Eden-like in the middle of high-rise Honolulu!  Don't hesitate today!  Just JUMP IN!  Pomaikai! (Good Luck!)  Highlight the white area to find the answer!

*Answer to the first picture: Ua mau ke'ea oka aina i ka pono! (The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment