Monday, July 23, 2012

They are not monkeys, folks!  Using a strap and spikes on their shoes, they clambered very tall coconut trees to cut aged branches and the growing coconuts.  Impressed, as I figure my ancestors did this without the spikes, I'm in awe at these guy's bravery.  I was getting dizzy just looking at them!

After all this time, I can't believe that I can still find varieties of Hibiscus that I haven't encountered before.  I could spend the rest of my life painting the dazzling cornucopia of this beautiful flower.  I now know why the Hibiscus is the state flower.


Today's journey was about numbers mostly, starting from 7th street to 15th street.  I have walked  many days in Hickam and adding 3.10 miles still haven't completed it.  I guess I thought it wouldn't take so long.  A rough estimate would be 3 more walking days.  I feel more a part of this base now since I've been walking it, with auras emanating in certain areas.  Yeah, Donna sounds loopy now!  HaHa!  Well, you do what I do and see if it doesn't happen to you!


For example, these two pictures are across the street from each other.  One side feels displaced, chaotic, confused, (due to construction) the other side is peace, serenity, and calm.  Can you see it?
No, this is not another King Kamehameha statue!  Found facing the Hickam tower and in front of Hickam Elementary School, it's called, "Ascend to the heavens."  Showing the potential of children to soar high with education as their wings, I feel its an appropriate representation for the kids.


With the sun beating down on me, do you think I would like to swim?  You betcha!  I was tempted not once(above ground), but twice, as my route passed by two pools on the base.

This tiny tree, the African tulip tree, can grow to 70 feet.  With lots of room to grow and healthy flowers already, a good beginning that I can watch and see what will become of it.  Hoping for good beginnings for you and yours in this journey of life!  A Hui Hou!(Until we meet again!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the flower pictures, they look professional. You really are getting intimate with the island. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete