Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Called, "The Alpine Tower," would you be brave enough to climb this structure?  If you can get 6-8 people together, call 2 weeks in advance, MWR will get you outfitted and chaperoned in this activity.  The monkey in me wants to do it, the reality me says, "No way!"  Cost would be $20/person and the phone number is (808)473-1198.

Today's stroll of 3.13 miles was honored with the presence of my friend, Janet.  Even though the trek wasn't long or challenging, the weather can be an issue.  Still harboring the "Kona" winds and high humidity, it makes you feel sluggish and you can't think straight.  Crossing our fingers since the forecast says for the blessed tradewinds to return tomorrow.

As you can see, there are many XXX's in the map.  A day of discovery reminds me that change continually happens and these roads are now buildings, parking lots and roads to nowhere.


These pictures are of Second and Third street that is fenced off and became parking structures.  I come across these aberrations at least once a week.  At first, I think I'm lost, then I confer with my map and then realize I'm not.  Next, I try to find out where it might have gone, playing detective.  Today, my detective work found the answer since the signs are still up.
Found behind the "Pearl Kai Elementary School." this small oasis of fruits and vegetables exist.  I don't know if it is part of the education curriculum or someone just decided to plant stuff there.
Usually attached to a post in the ground, this speed limit sign is attached to the fence with a rod sticking out.  Methinks that there were too many excuses saying that they couldn't see the sign, resulting in this jury-rigged method.  No more excuses!

You don't see this everyday!  Tools and a paper with written instructions on how to fix the car were lying next to the curb and the car that needs repair.  I hope that they get to it soon, before it rains as things may float into the gutter!  Hoping that you pay attention to things unusual today!  A Hui Hou!(Until we meet again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment