Sunday, October 28, 2012

Did the Walking Hawaiian disappear?  Where is she?  Well, due to family visiting and wanting to spend time with family, I decided it was more important to prioritize the wants of family more than my own wants.  The streets aren't going anywhere and before you know it, "The Walking Hawaiian" will continue her journey.

Since I only walked on Monday, the tally for the week is 2.20 miles, making the grand total 408.55 miles.

Do you remember a previous blog that I commented on the skeleton light decorations?  I said that I would buy it if I found it, well, I found it and here it is decorating my lanai.  "Target" was the store that sold these lights if YOU are interested!

Although I didn't walk on routes for "The Walking Hawaiian," I did walk around!  Here are some shots of the "Windward Community College."  Admittedly, I have never explored this campus and luckily had an experienced guide (my daughter) who volunteered her time to show me what the campus is all about!


Buttrused against the rugged background of the Ko'olau mountains, the College grounds are breathtaking!

Oh, to be young again!  I loved this student's "peacock" colored hair!  Reminiscent of younger days of boldly exploring fashion, make-up and self-expression.  So perfectly suited for young adults, if I did it, you would just think that I'm CRAZY!


What where they thinking?  I call this, "The DEAD plant Bouquets!"  I don't find the arrangements beautiful, but obviously someone did!  You can "enjoy" this in the brand, new Library on the campus.



Maybe the theme for the art pieces was "Halloween?"  Kind of creepy, no?

My sweet daughter posing between the artwork called, "Striving for the summit."  The artist, inspired by the Ko'olau's, making a gateway to strive for knowledge, procured this piece which is prominently placed in an open area on the campus.  I will "strive" to get back on my walking journey starting on Monday!  A Hui Hou!(Until we meet again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment