Monday, October 8, 2012

Seeing this statue pounding kalo, (taro, also known as poi) the thought of eating some ono(delicious) Hawaiian food came to mind.  In all the time I have lived here, I have NEVER noticed this statue.  In front of First Hawaiian Bank, and off of Moanalua Road, if I wasn't "The Walking Hawaiian," I may have NEVER known of it's existence.

On the other side is a woman and child, with the woman beating kapa(tapa, made from tree bark) and made me think how easy it is to get clothes now, and how hard it was back then.


Walking 5.03 miles today may not have been a good idea, especially since it was so ikiiki(humid).  Not only was the weather challenging, the roads had little to no place to walk, and I wished that I scouted the area first before walking it.  Where is my bright, yellow construction shirt when I need it!


Here are some samples of the streets I was walking today.  Even if I did have sidewalks, there were a lot of intersections that I had to cross and I was very leery of crossing even if I had the right of way, and for good reason...cars are bigger than me!

I was looking at this bloodshot "cyclop" eye that was looking at me, then I realized that it's a pearl in a shell!  My Bad!  It's called, "PearlRidge Gardens and Tower."  Double click the picture to see up close!

All I kept thinking was, "Stick 'em up!"  Okay, maybe the weather is making me pupule!(crazy!)Seen if you are driving into PearlRidge Elementary School, it is named, "He Pua Momi," or "The Pearl Child."  Maybe you shouldn't have a HOLE in your head, no?  HaHa!

As always, beauty seems to find me on my walks.  You should always carry a camera when you walk!  You may regret not photographing a great shot that surprises you on your way.

My favorite is in the middle of the top row, which looks like twisting rays of the sun.  I'm not sure if this resident has spare hubcaps and stores it on his fence or this is his artistic expression, but, I had fun studying it!  Have a fun day too!  Aloha ahiahi! (Good Evening!)

No comments:

Post a Comment