Monday, October 15, 2012



Yup, thar be submarines here!  Actually a memorial, I was looking all around to see signs that said, "Do not touch," or, "Do not climb!"  I didn't see any and I had a real desire to climb all over this, but, I do have a route that I needed to finish, and just in case they arrest me for climbing it, I should finish the route first!  HaHa!

Believe it or not, yes, I'm back at Pearl Harbor Naval Base.  Last week was a record breaker with friends accompanying me two days out of the five.  I'm starting to get spoiled!  I realized that I enjoy having someone along sharing the journey with me.  Well, today I was alone again and due to a long backtrack completed 4.24 miles! 

52 plaques representing 52 Subs during WWII that were sunk.  I couldn't believe how many lives were lost with the Subs only!  You have got to be comfortable in confined areas and without sunlight for long periods.  You can count me out!  I love my sunshine!

An eatery called, "The Dolphin Bistro," you can eat indoors or outdoors.  Lined with colorful stained glass, my favorite was the Hawaiian mermaid on the right!  Double click to see the details!

My favorite movie theater, "Sharkey Theater!"  The price for the show can't be beat!($4/adult) and for a large soda and large popcorn, $4 also!  Unheard of nowadays, yeah?  So sorry, you must be military or go with a military person.

The sun spot-lighted this particular Bird of Paradise, and the colors were so rich because of it, I had to take it's picture.

Almost missed seeing this torpedo since it was camouflaged in the ground cover.  I found it right next to a Day Care Center.  That cannot be "politically correct," don't you think?  Hoping that you discover something that you almost missed today!  Aloha! (Bye!)

2 comments:

  1. Silly Donna, there was no need for "do not climb" signs. There is rope barrier all around, can't you see them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw the ropes, but there were openings in several places.

      Delete