Monday, October 22, 2012

Now where did Donna go today?  To one of the Northern tips of Oahu, called, "Laie!"  Why?  Business and pleasure.  My son walked with me today and wanted a sight-seeing trip, so we stopped in Laie to walk, eat and enjoy the lovely sights.  The white building in the distance is the Mormon Temple, a prominent feature in Laie.

Not wanting to scare my son to never walk with me again, we only traipsed 2.20 miles.  My son did say that he could have done more, but, I do want him to enjoy his vacation and not need Ibuprofen for soreness!

Passing by Laie Elementary School, the underwater mural delighted my eyes as the blues are cooling and calming.

This playground set was puzzling!  The best I could come up with is the shape of a MANTA RAY.  What do you think?

Brigham Young University Hawaii also is a prominent feature in Laie, with many students using scholarships and work/study programs at the nearby Polynesian Cultural Center.


Here is a closer view of the Mormon Temple.  The manicured grounds and water features emphasize the entrance to the Temple.

Lovely, vibrant Bird of Paradise lined my route.

I know that they use this blossom to make leis, but have totally forgotten what it is called!  Pat!  Do you know what it's called?


A little graveyard scene setup to help us remember Halloween!  I took a few pictures of parts of it up close!  Creepy, yeah?

Not creepy, but cute, I liked how they decorated the plumeria tree.  The Walking Hawaiian is helping me to get great ideas for Halloween decorations!  Hoping that great ideas come your way!  E malama pono!(Take good care!)

1 comment:

  1. That would be "crown flower" did you find any caterpillers from the Monarch butterfly? Yes! found one on the bottom left corner. There are puka(s) in the other leaves.

    ReplyDelete