Monday, October 1, 2012

Disguised amongst the ferns and the cacti, I almost missed the pink flamingos.  I guess that it would have been more noticeable if the wind was blowing and the the wings were spinning.  A sweet addition even though I'm not sure if it has any meaning!


Yes, I'm walking Pearl Harbor now.  With the publication of my map of O'ahu last week, I'm kinda fired up to finish some of the pages of map that are almost finished.  So even though I don't particularly like to walk on military bases,I completed 3.88 miles today and will try to finish it to complete some pages.  Even though I might oscillate between other areas to bolster my enthusiasm, please don't get too confused as to my intentions.



This interesting shop on Pearl Harbor buys items, then minus cost of business, the profits are given to various charities around the Island.  Here are a few examples of products that they sell.  Pretty cool, don't you think?  Next Tuesday, there should be all kinds of Christmas items for sale if you are interested!


Seeing train tracks in abundance on Center avenue, I thought that it might be for hauling sugarcane sometime in the past, but, I saw this plaque talking about the "Coal Station," and changed my mind about the sugar cane.  Still, I'm not a historian and am not absolutely sure about the tracks.  Double click to read about the Coaling Station.

By the way, this is supposed to be the last remaining wall of the Coaling Station.


In a previous blog, I told you about the "Fuel Cell" car.  The picture was of the Air Force car.  These two cars were in the same parking area and that makes "3" fuel cell cars that I've seen so far.  Remember that there are not that many cars in existence because of the exorbitant cost to produce them.


Two pictures of the same road!  Long?  You betcha!  Pretty boring?  You betcha!  But even in the most droll of places, I found this!

A veritable tropical oasis!  Lush with fruit trees and Hawaiian flora, I bathed in its beauty, shade and fragrance.

A bit of levity here!  "Try dodge dis," was on a Dodge Ram Truck!  Hope that you can find a bit of levity in all that you do!  Aloha! (Bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment