Friday, September 28, 2012

Okay, maybe there is nothing illegal with the freedom of expression on the back of this truck, but, if I were a policeman, I would be watching this vehicle pretty closely.


As promised, a walk in Kalihi tallied 3.54 miles today and several inaccuracies in the street map.  Checking my written route, the copy of the map and my GPS program, I realized that my GPS was the most accurate.  Very frustrating when I had an appointment to get to and having to re-route to get there.  Oh well, just one of those days!  The week totaled at 15.63 miles and the grand total comes to 358.52 miles!

Walking through a residential area, the mix of old and new, low income and huge edifaces, it kind of reminds me of the ethnic mix here in Hawaii.  Living peacefully in a ever crowded Island, thank goodness for the calming winds and tropical beauty to promote harmony.

Also as promised, this is the map of O'ahu with the completed areas highlighted.  I actually go by map pages, so I have done more than this, but five areas still has portions to be completed.  I know that this doesn't look like much, but remember that the whole Island does not have streets.  The parts that do are pretty condensed with streets, especially Honolulu.  Patience and perserverance will get this done!  Anyway, I'll show what I have done from time to time.

 

Some businesses of note!  The first makes ono(delicious) crackers and the second makes unique mu'u mu'u's(loose gowns) .  So if you are hungry or need a special mu'u mu'u(loose gown), this is the place.
Even though I can't name these flowers, the periwinkle color was soothing to look at!

The black color of the truck made the flame detailing really stand out.  Standing in the middle of the road to take the picture, I'm sure that drivers must have thought that I was NUTS!  Well, that was how I could get the best angle for the picture!   Have a safe weekend!  Aloha!(Bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment